Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Hadleigh's Preschool

I had Hadleigh's preschool meeting last night. I'm going to LOVE this school. They have so many wonderful field trips planned, and it's VERY parent involved, which I am ecstatic about. I like to be involved in my children's schools. I think it's very important to be involved.

She starts preschool on Sept. 6. There are 10 kids in her class. The parents take turns being the helper, which means we have to clean, help the teacher with the kids and lessons, and we also have to take pictures and record funny things the kids say and do that day. They put newsletters out with the photos and funny things the kids do and say. How cute is that?

The trips that are planned are a trip to the Apple Orchard in Indiana, a trip to the theatre to see "A Winnie the Pooh Christmas Tale," Brookfield Zoo, the fire station, the police station, and a few trips to the local nursing home at Halloween and Christmas.

They also do 3 class cleans during the 9 months. That means parents sign up to go in on a Saturday and you clean the entire classroom and every single toy. They also have playground cleans where you scrub all the outdoor playground equipment. How great is that? Not that I like to clean, but I feel good knowing they care about cleanliness and germs.

The school is run by the parents, so we make the decisions and do the work. I've heard so many great things about the school and can't wait for Hadleigh to get started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home