Thursday, August 25, 2005

A little disappointed

Last year, I volunteered in Ashton's Kindergarten class. My friend Amy and I swapped babysitting, and we both went in once a week to help the teacher. It was great to help out and to watch the kids. I admit, there were days I didn't feel like going, but I loved watching Ashton interact with the other kids and I especially loved watching him as he learned.

So, this year I sent a letter the first day telling the teacher that I'm available to volunteer if she needs it. Amy sent the same letter. Yesterday, the boys came home with letters saying she wouldn't need us because they have a senior citizen volunteer. I think it's so great that community members, especially those that don't have children in school, volunteer. I'm happy for his class, but I'm also a little disappointed. Amy was too. As soon as I knew the bus had dropped Ethan off and Amy had had enough time to go through his backpack, I called her! lol She was very sad too.

The bright side is that she said she may need us at times for special projects and for a unit in February, so we do have that to look forward to. I guess the disappointment comes from the thought of the teacher NOT needing us, never crossed our minds.

I guess it won't be that bad, because every day of the week, except for Monday and possibly Fridays I'm running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Mondays may remain a free, stay at home day which will be nice, especially in the winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home